Friday, February 8, 2013

It Took Opening Up...

to enjoy having opposite sex friends

to spend individual and separate time with friends

to not feel weird or negative about exes

to feel free to flirt 

to feel the natural pull toward another person and to enjoy that feeling, instead of feeling guilty about it

to recognize feelings of love (on the spectrum of platonic to romantic) for other people and to not feel afraid of expressing them

to enjoy and crave alone time

These are things that I am sure some monogamous couples enjoy. But they are not things I enjoyed or had when we were monogamous. I am so grateful for our journey as a couple and my journey as an individual. These feelings of freedom are so important to me, and feel so fresh and complementary as they sit alongside feelings of commitment, integrity, and honesty.

Feeling loving and happy and free.

*Peace*

No comments:

Post a Comment